Document Control Training
To be certified to any management system standard, it is essential to develop a comprehensive and effective documentation system. Organizations that already have a certified management system (e.g. ISO 9001) may wish to expand this to meet the requirements of additional standards. ISO’s management system standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 are among the most widely used standards implemented in the industry share a common structure (Annex SL) format and terminology.
This 2-day training course will be of value to organizations who are at an early stage of developing a management system (quality, environmental, health & safety) and who wish to identify the documentation requirements and develop an action plan to get started. This course aims to provide learners with an understanding of the documentation requirements of these standards and how these can apply to their organization.
This course is also valuable for those organizations that are going for API, AS 9100 and SA 8000 certification and are trying to find ways to integrate all documentation requirements into a single document management system to avoid duplication of effort.
The participants will gain knowledge and understanding of the following concepts:
- The commonalities of the various ISO’s management system standards and the specific requirements for control of documents and records.
- Establishment of a document management system for creation, review, approval, storage, distribution, retrieval and disposition of documents
- The basic document control requirements and misconceptions
- Audit of documentation control and some common non-conformances
- Management System Standards and Document Control
- Documentation requirements of ISO’s management system standards. An outline of the clauses of the standards with particular reference to their documentation requirements.
- The categories of documents applicable to a management system and their issue and approval.
- Lifecycle of a Document
- Obsolete Documents
- Process Mapping and creation of procedures
- Improving document content
- Audit of the Document Control function
- Typical findings in the Document Control area
- Training Material
- Course Certificate
- Lunch and refreshments
- Document Control Managers
- Management Representatives
- Senior Managers
- Technical Experts
- Process Owners
- Individuals involved in maintaining and improving management systems
- Regulatory compliance personnel
- Personnel involved in document creation and management
AQTS reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule the course and to change the course instructors. In the event of course cancellation, AQTS will not be responsible for airfare penalties or other travel related expenses that you may incur.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course start date will incur a $100 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to the same course in next offering.
A Certificate will be issued to attendees who participate in the entire course.
There are no prior knowledge requirements for this course; however, it may be beneficial for participants to have knowledge of ISO’s management system standards and Annex SL.
- Instructor led classroom training course.
- Classroom based training allows high level of instructor student interaction.
- For Price and available discounts click register
- For group discount (3 or more) call 713-789-0885
- On-site training programs are the cost-effective way to train employees on your schedule.
- On-site training minimizes cost and ensures that the content is specific to your needs.
- For on-site course