The concept of Poka-Yoke is neither new nor peculiarly Japanese, despite its name. The term means fool-proofing or more literally mistake avoidance and has found many applications in industry. In Japan during the 1970’s and 1980’s it gained significance as a means of achieving zero defects. The use of fool-proofing methods can address the problem that no single defect will be produced or shipped. This does not remove the need or value of effective process control. Poka-Yoke attempts to prevent processing from taking place, so avoiding an error resulting in a defective product. Poka-Yoke systems can be applied at three strategic points in the process viz cannot start, cannot release and cannot pass. Poka-Yoke control has two elements of device and signal. The use of Poka-Yoke should always be borne in mind when developing new processes, the most appropriate stage being when conducting an FMEA. To err is human, to prevent errors from becoming defective products is Poka-Yoke.
This course is designed to impart professional level knowledge of the concepts related to Poka Yoke. The course contents will cover;
- Introduction to Poka Yoke
- Types of errors
- Poka-Yoke systems
- Poka-yoke device
- Poka-Yoke Signal
- Applying Poka-Yoke
- Detection measures for error proofing systems
- Characteristics of good Poka-Yoke and Examples
- Training Material
- Course Certificate
- Lunch and refreshments
The training course will be relevant and useful for:
- Managers from areas such as Human Resources, Marketing, Sales, Design, Planning, Manufacturing, Materials, Maintenance, Logistics, Service and Quality Assurance from both manufacturing and service organizations.
AQTS reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule the course and to change the course instructors. In the event of course cancellation, AQTS will not be responsible for airfare penalties or other travel related expenses that you may incur.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course start date will incur a $100 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to the same course in next offering.
A Certificate will be issued to attendees who participate in the entire course.
There are no prior knowledge requirements for this course.
- Instructor led classroom training course.
- Classroom based training allows high level of instructor student interaction.
- For Price and available discounts click register
- For group discount (3 or more) call 713-789-0885
- On-site training programs are the cost-effective way to train employees on your schedule.
- On-site training minimizes cost and ensures that the content is specific to your needs.
- For on-site course