Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Training
This course is designed to train the participants to use tools and techniques necessary to perform effective root cause analysis and implement corrective actions within their organization. The course provides the skills to look for underlying causes of problems that impact an organization’s operations and ultimately its profitability.
Performing root cause analysis is critical to address root causes of nonconformities and implement corrective actions within the management system. The participants will learn a variety of problem solving tools including Team Building/Problem Solving, Process Definition, Cause and Effect Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and 5-Why analysis
The course instructor will use a mix of short presentations, case studies and group exercises to drill down the concepts taught in the course.
- To understand the discipline of Root Cause Analysis
- To be able to differentiate between ‘Correction’ and ‘Corrective Action’
- To understand various tools and methodologies to achieve effective problem solving
- Knowledge of basic problem solving principles and tools such as PDCA, Cause and Effect Analysis, FEMA and “5 Why” analysis
- Understanding of the benefits of a team approach to problem solving
- An understanding of the need for clear knowledge of the organizations defined processes, their sequence and interaction to achieve true corrective action of problems.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of Corrective Actions
This course is designed to impart professional level knowledge of the concepts related root cause analysis and corrective actions. The course contents will cover:
- Typical issues with RCAs
- Defining the problem statement
- Understanding process and how every problem is a process failure
- Identifying potential causes of the problem
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Problem Solving Process
- Problem solving techniques
- Identifying and implementing corrective actions
- Follow-up and standardization
- Evaluating Effectiveness of corrective actions
- Case Studies and Exercises
- Training Material
- Course Certificate
- Lunch and refreshments
- Quality & Safety Managers Auditors
- Management Representatives
- Reliability Managers /professionals
- Maintenance Directors
- Process Engineers
- Operations Supervisors
- Process owners
- Anyone involved in problem solving
AQTS reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule the course and to change the course instructors. In the event of course cancellation, AQTS will not be responsible for airfare penalties or other travel related expenses that you may incur.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course start date will incur a $100 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to the same course in next offering.
A Certificate will be issued to attendees who participate in the entire course.
The Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action training course does not have any prerequisite courses. This course has been designed for individuals with no previous knowledge of root cause analysis or corrective action concepts.
- Instructor led classroom training course.
- Classroom based training allows high level of instructor student interaction.
- For Price and available discounts click register
- For group discount (3 or more) call 713-789-0885
- On-site training programs are the cost-effective way to train employees on your schedule.
- On-site training minimizes cost and ensures that the content is specific to your needs.
- For on-site course