Lean Six Sigma Training
Six Sigma has become the most successful continuous improvement methodology and project management methodology for quality improvements. Focusing on customers’ needs, this approach utilizes data driven tools, team based decision making, and a rigorous methodology to solve problems related to quality, time , cost, waste, non value added, Muda, variation, and to ensure that the solutions are sustained over time. Obtaining knowledge of the Six Sigma methodology has become a prominent skill for professionals in Development, Manufacturing and Operational Services companies.
The Six Sigma DMAIC approach when combined with Lean methods and tools provides an efficient, simple to use, and effective approach to continual improvement. Experience and training in that methodology is usually an asset for management, operations, quality, engineering, product development, software development, logistics, asset management, IT, health care, and service positions. Many companies in the services and manufacturing sectors recognize the competitive advantage of employees with a process improvement set of skills and mindset. These companies include Lean Six Sigma requirements in their senior and management job descriptions and related postings.
This interactive and highly practical four day course will provide first-hand experience of the approaches and the tools of Lean and Six Sigma that are used to affect continual improvement.
At the end of the training, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the Lean and Six Sigma frameworks for continual improvement
- Lead continual improvement teams through the DMAIC process
- Select and utilize key Lean and Six Sigma tools
- Relate effective continual improvement techniques to the management of organizational quality and efficiency
- Identify root causes of a problem (moderate complexity)
- Find and implement solutions
- Overview of Six Sigma
- Explanation of the evaluation process
- Recognize and Define phase (phase 1): defining the problem and the project
- Presentation of the case study
- Measure introduction and Statistical notions review
- Measure phase (phase 2): measuring the actual performance
- Analyze phase (phase 3): identifying the vital factors
- Improve phase (phase 4): selection the right solution
- Control phase (phase 5): maintaining the improvements
- Overview of Lean
- Value stream mapping
- Visual Management
- Leadership values and Lean Enterprise culture
- Training Material
- Course Certificate
- Lunch and refreshments
- Technical Experts
- Process Owners
- Individuals from diverse organizational functions-operations, quality, logistics, finance, production, engineering and other staff functions
- Participants are normally process owners or leaders and are well versed in technical aspects of their jobs and have worked on project teams.
AQTS reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule the course and to change the course instructors. In the event of course cancellation, AQTS will not be responsible for airfare penalties or other travel related expenses that you may incur.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course start date will incur a $100 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to the same course in next offering.
A Certificate will be issued to attendees who participate in the entire course.
A prior review and knowledge of Lean Six Sigma is required for this course. To bridge any knowledge gaps, AQTS will provide pre-course material to help participants prepare for the course.
- Instructor led classroom training course.
- Classroom based training allows high level of instructor student interaction.
- For Price and available discounts click register
- For group discount (3 or more) call 713-789-0885
- On-site training programs are the cost-effective way to train employees on your schedule.
- On-site training minimizes cost and ensures that the content is specific to your needs.
- For on-site course