With an increase in the technical complexity of products and the advent of global competition there has been a growing concern about product reliability. It is estimated that 70% of all problems in automotive industry are design related. The reliability and durability are the two most important dimensions out of the eight quality dimensions namely performance, conformance, features, aesthetics, reliability, durability, serviceability and perceived quality image of the company. Today, customers have been sensitized to a higher level of expectations and demand products that are highly reliable/ durable yet affordable. Therefore, there are three requirements for achieving a reliable product:
- The design must have margin with respect to the stresses to which it will be subjected during manufacturing and actual field use
- The manufacturing process must be stable and completely documented. Variations from the “ tried and true” must be considered experimental until proved
- There must be an effective feedback and corrective action system, which can identify and resolve problems quickly, in engineering, manufacturing, and field.
Therefore, companies need to develop products and processes to consistently perform as intended in meeting the customer requirements during their useful life under the wide range of real world operating conditions.
On completion, successful students will have the knowledge to:
- Explain what reliability is and wow is it measured
- Apply methods to measure and improve reliability
- Avoid failures
- Use reliability distributions
- Undertake reliability modeling and testing
- Analyze and Diagnose reliability
This two day training program on Reliability Engineering shall cover the following topics:
- Why Reliability Engineering
- Definitions of Reliability, Maintainability and Availability
- Limitations of Reliability Concept
- Three Viewpoints on Reliability
- Reliability as a Metric
- Reliability Measure
- Reliability Cycle
- Analyze and Diagnose Reliability
- What is Failure?
- Types of Failure
- Reliability and Cumulative Distribution
- Reliability Distributions
- Stress Strength Interference
- Bathtub Curve
- Hazard Rate
- Design for Reliability
- Reliability Modeling and testing
- Reliability Prediction
- Training Material
- Course Certificate
- Lunch and refreshments
AQTS reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule the course and to change the course instructors. In the event of course cancellation, AQTS will not be responsible for airfare penalties or other travel related expenses that you may incur.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course start date will incur a $100 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to the same course in next offering.
A Certificate will be issued to attendees who participate in the entire course.
There are no prior knowledge requirements for this course; however, it may be beneficial for participants to have knowledge of Reliability Engineering .
- Instructor led classroom training course.
- Classroom based training allows high level of instructor student interaction.
- For Price and available discounts click register
- For group discount (3 or more) call 713-789-0885
- On-site training programs are the cost-effective way to train employees on your schedule.
- On-site training minimizes cost and ensures that the content is specific to your needs.
- For on-site course